Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Prefix jq_ OR jquery_ ?

After I release the version 0.1, some people told me that it would be better that use jquery_ as the helpers' prefix. The reason is that the helpers with jquery_ prefix are more readable. I accepted this suggestion and from version 0.2 on, each helper will use jquery_ as its prefix.

This change, of course, is compatible with the jq_ prefix because I use the alias_method to make them compatible. That's why Ruby is so popular -- powerful, elegant, and easy. :-p

6 comments:

Tom Gullo said...

I love Ruby and JQuery. I'll have to check out your stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hi ericsk.

I found little mistake in jq4r.rb.
lacking return sentence at jquery_remote_func.

a simple solution.
add return func.

Index: lib/jq4r.rb
===================================================================
--- lib/jq4r.rb (revision 15)
+++ lib/jq4r.rb (working copy)
@@ -215,6 +215,7 @@
func = "#{func}; #{options[:after]}" if options[:after]
func = "if (#{options[:condition]}) { #{func}; }" if options[:condition]
func = "if (confirm('#{escape_javascript(options[:confirm])}')) { #{func}; }" if options[:confirm]
+ func
end
alias_method :jq_remote_func, :jquery_remote_func


Hope this helps.
Forgive my English.

ericsk said...

@noriaki

Thanks for your help! I will patch it after I go back Taiwan.

BTW, are you a japanese? I'm traveling in Tokyo, now :-p

ericsk said...

@noriaki
I've fixed in revision 16

Anonymous said...

Hi
Your project is a very good idea, since prototype seems to be worse than jquery.

Hoping in the future, rails will integrate jquery as it does for protype.

So, many thanks to you for beginning this job!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!